The Eagan 50+ Senior Board offers a variety of programs, events and services
Eagan 50+ Senior Programs
The City of Eagan and the Eagan 50+ Senior Board offers a variety of programs, events, services, and ongoing daily in-person and virtual activities. For more information view the News from the Front Porch/Discover catalog publication or sign up for our email subscription.
The Eagan Senior Board is an eight-member board that partners with the City of Eagan to assist in the development, coordination and sponsorship of programs that benefit older adults. Visitors may attend Board meetings, but if you have an item for the agenda, please contact a Board Member or staff one week in advance of the meeting. Board meets first Friday of every month, unless otherwise noted at 9 a.m. in the Lone Oak Room of the Eagan Community Center.
Eagan Senior Board Members
- Chair: Sue Geagan
- Vice-Chair/Group Liaison: Margaret Miller
- Treasurer: Shellie Kyllo
- Membership Coordinator: Lynn Hedblum
- Member at Large: Steve Honkanen
- Member at Large: Barbara Kloven
- Member at Large: Beverly Woken
- Recording Secretary: currently open
- Corresponding Secretary: currently open
- City Liaisons: Erica Koller & Kaye Wahl
Becoming a member of the Eagan 50+ Seniors is easy. New and renewing members may join for $15 over the phone, online, in person, or by mail. Members may pay by credit card, cash, or check.
- To join by phone, call (651) 675-5500, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- To join online, go to follow this link. Click the basket item next to the Senior Membership line item, and then checkout.
- To join by mail, send the form to Eagan Seniors, 1501 Central Parkway, Eagan MN 55121 or drop it off at the Eagan Community Center.
What is the 50+ Seniors membership and the Eagan Senior Board?
The Eagan 50+ Seniors is a separate organization that works in partnership with the City of Eagan and community stakeholders. It is overseen by the Eagan Senior Board (ESB), an eight-member board that provides programming and communication for 50+ seniors and promotes recreational, social, educational and service opportunities.
Objectives include: Promote the interests of the 50+ population of Eagan and adapt to their changing needs. Maintain fiduciary responsibility over the collection, maintenance, and allocation of funds used for the purpose of fostering ESB activities. Maintain partnership with the City of Eagan.
The ESB collects $15/year for membership (January – December), which entitles members to participate in daily activities in the Lone Oak Room of the Eagan Community Center such as cards, games, clubs; be on the Eagan Senior Board and participate in the members-only events such as the Pizza Party, Volunteer Gala and Holiday Luncheon.
Membership is voluntary and 100% of the membership dollars goes to sustain the daily programs and offset costs of events. Daily program costs (including supplies of coffee, tea, cups etc.) are around $1,800 per year. You do not have to be a member of the Eagan 50+ Seniors to register for many of the classes, events and programs offered to older adults, but membership is mandatory for ESB sponsored programs and daily activities. If you need additional information, please contact Erica Koller at
Volunteer & Employment Opportunities
The City of Eagan is searching for employees and volunteers for a variety of events and activities. Please visit the links below for the most current opportunities:
- City of Eagan Employment Opportunities
- Contact us at
- Parks & Recreation Volunteer Opportunities