Miniature pigs can be kept, via a permit, on single-family residential or agricultural properties. Property owners can keep a combination of up to three dogs, cats, rabbits, ferrets, or miniature pigs at their residence.
The following rules apply to keeping miniature pigs:
- Miniature pigs must be spayed or neutered.
- Miniature pigs must receive a rabies vaccination.
- Miniature pig owners must have a fenced area on their property of at least 250 square feet (approximately 16 feet by 16 feet).
- When on an owner’s property, miniature pigs must be kept within a fenced area. When off the owner’s property, miniature pigs must be kept on a leash with a harness or in a vehicle or cage.
- Miniature pig feces must be picked up within 24 hours.
- A license tag must be affixed to miniature pigs’ harnesses when they are off their owners’ property.
- The slaughter of miniature pigs is prohibited on residential properties.
- Miniature pigs must be less than 200 pounds.
To apply for a miniature pig permit, complete the application and submit it, with the $20 license fee, to City Clerk, 3830 Pilot Knob Road, Eagan, MN 55122.
For additional information about miniature pig permits, contact (651) 675-5000 or