Pavilions & Shelters
There are four pavilions and eight multi-functional/warming house buildings throughout our parks available to rent. We also have a variety of sun/picnic shelters at many of our 60 parks.
Eagan's four park pavilions are an ideal location for grad parties, weddings or any gathering. Located in Blackhawk, Thomas Lake, Central and Trapp Farm park, these scenic, open-air shelters have seating for between 80-150 guests. The Blackhawk and Central Park pavilions also offer access to water, electricity, charcoal grills and kitchens. Many have outdoor fire pits too.
Shelters are rented on a full or half day basis from May 1 through early October and reservations can be made two years in advance of your event.
Photos in the Park
All commercial and non-commercial photographers must apply for a permit for photography in Eagan City parks. This free two-year permit is renewable at the end of the odd year.
- Call (651) 675-5500, Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. to confirm there are no scheduled events or personal reservations at the park location of your choice.
- Photo shoots are not permitted during public events or privately reserved times. Event examples included but are not limited to: Holz Farm Lone Oak Days, Old Fashioned Holiday at Holz Farm, Spring Festival at Holz Farm, Eagan Food Truck Festival, Eagan Market Fest, etc.
- Photo permission is only granted to individuals within your party. Please be respectful of property and buildings: climbing on buildings and/or fencing, walking thru or standing in flowers beds is not permitted.
Park Facility Use Guide & Inquiry Form
Eagan Parks & Recreation invites you to celebrate your next gathering at one of our beautiful parks.
The Park Facility Use Guide provides the essential information needed to apply for a reservation at one of our sun shelters, pavilions, or park buildings. Reservations can be made up to two years in advance.
The guide can also help you locate which parks offer canoe storage, apply to take photos in an Eagan park and more.
Eagan Parks & Recreation is committed to developing a clear framework for groups using our parks; hopefully resulting in a friendly, positive, consistent service solution benefitting us all. Our primary focus is to serve the Eagan community by providing a range of programs, facilities and experiences and hope that all groups wishing to utilize a substantial portion of park grounds, trails or open space give advanced notice of their visit. Activities will only be allowed if they are not in conflict with existing City programs/services and private rentals. Groups and individuals may not interfere with the flow of people in and around an event or facility.
We have established and implemented the following structured guidelines so that everyone visiting our parks have the best experience possible:
- Completed inquiries will be accepted up to 60 days and not less than 15 days before visit.
- Eagan Parks & Recreation staff will notify applicant of approval or denial within 3-5 business days after the inquiry is received.
- 75 people and under must have appropriate amount of Supervision.
- Trash must be thrown in a receptacle or contained in a bag near the receptacle.
- All bags, backpacks, toys, etc. must be in a group and not impacting the typical use of the park or play value of the equipment.
- If your inquiry is accepted, it does not include use of any park facility structure or picnic tables.
Groups of 75 people or more may split their group into two separate visits and complete the Groups Park Use Inquiry. If that is not an option, a Park Facility Rental Reservation is required and follows Eagan Parks & Recreation rental guidelines and rental fee schedule. Woodhaven Destination All Play and Eagan Splash Pad are non-rentable areas. Please contact Eagan Parks & Recreation at (651) 675-5500 for facility availability and reservation. Park facilities can be rented two-years in advance from the date of your event and payment is taken at the time of reservation.