The Eagan Art House invites you to make or submit artwork for our fall exhibition, Object Lessons. Jasper Johns famously said, “Take an object. Do something with it. Do something else to it. (Repeat)." In this exhibition, artist will explore how everyday objects can inspire-- either as themselves or as a representation of a larger idea.
- Do the everyday things in life take on new meaning in your work?
- Are non-traditional or commonplace objects part of your artist process or used as a material in your work?
- Think about the transformative effects of scale on how we view our world.
Entry Deadline: September 21, 2023
Artwork Dropoff: October 5, 2023, schedule to be emailed
Exhibit Takedown: January 4, 2024
Cost: $5 per artist, financial assistance available upon request
Location: Eagan Community Center, Wescott Library
We invite you to express your vision and interpretation of Object Lessons, either with a traditional or contemporary approach. We welcome a wide array of media -- photography, textiles, ceramics, digital artwork, painting, drawing, printmaking, etc. We will accept any artwork for in-person exhibition that can be safely displayed on a wall and meets display requirements. We can accommodate some smaller 3D works; please contact us with questions before you register.
Both established and emerging artists are invited to participate. Content must adhere to Eagan Art House requirements.
To Participate in this Exhibit:
- Go to https://bit.ly/3uWXwaM (or discovereagan.com>Eagan Art House> Exhibits> Object Lessons activity #14038003), add to cart and answer questions. You may also call the Eagan Parks & Recreation office at 651-675-5500 to register.
- To complete entry, email a high-resolution digital image of each artwork to
- Bring your wired (if applicable) and labeled artwork to the exhibition location on Artwork Drop off day. Full details about drop off will be emailed. Refer to the Artwork Preparation Instructions for wiring your artwork. We are unable to display artwork that is not properly wired.
Please contact us with questions about how to include your artwork! All media are eligible for consideration. Questions about how it can be displayed? Contact us! We are here to help. Call 651-675-5524 or email