Specific dates for these periods vary depending on weather conditions and the presence of insect vectors. In Minnesota:
- High Risk months are typically April, May and June.
- Low Risk months are March, July, August, September and October.
- Safe months are November, December, January, February and March.
Check the current oak wilt status at the University of Minnesota Extension...More...
Pruning is the most common tree maintenance procedure. Unlike forest trees, landscape trees need a higher level of care to maintain structural integrity and aesthetics. Pruning must be done with an understanding of tree biology because improper pruning can create lasting damage or shorten the tree’s life.
Residents should prune trees on their properties for a variety of reasons, including:
- To remove dead limbs (typically limbs greater than 3" in diameter) that could fall and cause property damage or injuries
- To remove limbs that obstruct...
Thank you to all who participated in the 2023 Spring Tree Sale.
We want to sincerely thank you for your participation and support in making this year's tree sale a resounding success. Your commitment to the environment and dedication to preserving our natural surroundings are truly admirable.
By choosing to purchase and plant trees from our sale, participants have taken an active role in promoting a healthier and greener Eagan. Your individual contributions will have a lasting impact on our community by ensuring that future generations...More...