Holz Farm, originally an eighty-acre parcel, located at 4665 Manor Drive was settled in the 1870s. The property remained in the family until 1993 with the passing of Otto and Ella Holz.
A picturesque farm, with charm and character only years can create, would soon become one of many residential developments in Eagan. Interested residents initiated a grassroots campaign to save the site as a living history farm and Eagan City Council Members illustrated great vision by purchasing the farm in 1995 for that use.
Holz Farm bridges Eagan’s past and present, old and young, and rural and urban communities. Visitors can experience family life from the Great Depression through World War II. Holz Farm provides the community with an educational, cultural and historical resource. The farm offers a unique opportunity to experience rural life as it once existed in Eagan through events and programming benefiting people of all ages. A Walking Tour of Holz Farm booklet has been developed for those that want to learn more about each of the buildings on the property as well as the history of Holz Farm.
Holz Farm 2023 Events
Information about event details and times coming soon! We can’t wait to see you at the farm. Check back soon for other programs and events planned at the farm!
- Clean-up day – Saturday, May 6, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. to Noon – volunteers needed! Interested volunteers can sign up here.
- Eagan Garden Club Plant Sale Saturday, May 13, 2023 | 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Spring Festival Sunday, May 21, 2023 | $3/person Admission
- 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Enjoy a spring afternoon of old fashioned fun at Historic Holz Farm. The Friends of the Farm and the City of Eagan invite you to join them to learn about life on the farm. Guests will be able to enjoy a hayride, tour the house and listen to live music!
- Tickets required for all individuals 12 months and older, tickets available at onsite or ahead of time at discovereagan.com.
- Coffee on the Front Porch – Wednesday, June 7, 2023 | Free | 9:00 – 10:30 a.m.
- Enjoy a relaxing morning sipping coffee and having conversation on the pristine grounds of Holz Farm.
- Old Fashioned Picnic – Tuesday, June 20, 2023 | Free | 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Come on out to the farm with your picnic and explore the grounds and visit with Friends of the Farm members.
- Visiting at the Farm: Cookies & Quilts with Otto & Ella – Sunday, August 20, 2023 | Free | 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- As was the tradition in the 1940’s families would go ‘visiting’ on Sunday afternoons. Visit with us at Holz Farm and enjoy special cookies in the farm house and beautiful quilts on display.
- Holz Farm Camps – June 26 – 29, July 17 – 20 and July 31- August 3 | Ages 5 – 14, register ahead of time
- Farm to Table Dinner – Friday, August 25, 2023 | $65 | Register today
- Enjoy an intimate outdoor dining experience on the picturesque grounds of Historic Holz Farm. A locally sourced menu has been developed specifically for this unique occasion. Spend the evening enjoying music under the large oak tree, visiting with friends and learning about local food sources. Registration includes appetizer, entrée and dessert. Drinks available for purchase onsite. Must be 21+ to register.
- Fall Clean Up Day – Saturday, September 9, 2023
- Harvest Festival– Saturday, September 23, 2023
- $3/person | 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- The Friends of the Farm and Eagan Parks & Recreation invite you to join them for a day of fall fun. Visit Historic Holz Farm and enjoy hayrides, live music, animals and live demonstrations. A special ﬁddling contest will take place at 1:00 p.m. Did you know that Historic Holz Farm is on the National Registry of Historic Places? This 1940’s era farm brings you back to yesteryear and what farming was like back in Eagan’s early days. Tickets are required for all individuals 12 months and older and are available at discovereagan.com or onsite.
- Old Fashioned Holiday - Sunday, December 3, 2023
- Noon – 3:00 p.m. | Free
- Enjoy a relaxed, outdoor holiday celebration at Historic Holz Farm. Remember yesteryear with a self-guided tour of the grounds, a hayride on a 1940’s Farmall Tractor and a chance to warm up around the bonfire. Santa will be making an appearance from the North Pole. He’s very busy this time of year so limited photo opportunities will be available on-site from Noon – 2:45 p.m. Bundle up with warm, winter gear and enjoy an afternoon making memories at Historic Holz Farm.
Volunteers are needed to assist with special events and programs at Holz Farm. Interested volunteers can Register here.