Lifeguard Pipeline Program
Cascade Bay offers a tuition reimbursement program for American Red Cross Lifeguard (LG) and Lifeguard Instructor (LGI) certification training and review courses through our Minnesota Recreation and Park Association (MRPA) award-winning Lifeguard Pipeline Program. The program is available to participants who meet our employment requirements, offers 75% tuition reimbursement for LG certification courses, 50% tuition reimbursement for LGI certification courses, and review courses taken through Cascade Bay.
New for 2023: Participants who take their certification/review course(s) through another American Red Cross program are eligible for up to 50% the course tuition with a maximum reimbursement of $100 per course. No reimbursement for any courses costing less than $80. All Cascade Bay Lifeguard Pipeline participants must meet the employment requirements outlined below to receive a tuition reimbursement.
- Lifeguard Certification: $225 before reimbursement/$60 actual cost after reimbursement if employment requirements are met.
- Lifeguard Instructor Certification: $200 before reimbursement/$100 actual after reimbursement if employment requirements are met (LGI Certification also includes Lifeguard certification renewal).
- Lifeguard Review Course: $80/$40 actual after reimbursement if employment requirements are met
- LGI Review Course: $120/$60 actual after reimbursement if employment requirements are met (LGI Re-Certification also includes Lifeguard certification renewal)
- American Red Cross Lifeguard/LGI Certification/Review Courses from another ARC Facility: Up to 50% tuition reimbursement with a maximum reimbursement of $100 if Cascade Bay employment requirements are met (reimbursement does not apply to courses costing less than $80).
Pipeline Employment Requirements
- Successfully pass the ARC certification course (LG, LGI or LG/LGI Review)
- Complete application and hiring process for employment and are hired by City of Eagan to work at Cascade Bay Waterpark
- Work a minimum of 200 hours over the course of the 2023 summer season at Cascade Bay Waterpark
- Reimbursements are sent out mid-September for employees who meet the requirements
- Early termination or disciplinary action may make an employee ineligible for tuition reimbursement
American Red Cross Lifeguard Skills Prerequisites
- Tested at the start of the LG class
- Complete a timed skill sequence including a 20 yard swim, retrieval of a 10 lb. object from 7 ft. deep, swim 20 yard carrying the object, and exit the water within 1 minute and 40 seconds.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using legs only
- 300 yard endurance swim using front crawl and breaststroke
No classes are offered at this time.
If you are interested in taking a future Lifeguard Training course or if you have questions, contact the Aquatic Operations Supervisor via