The Eagan Art House invites you to create or submit artworks for our upcoming exhibition, Momentary Certainties 2023, which examines the intertwined themes of ephemerality and permanence. This outdoor, temporary exhibition will be installed along walking paths and throughout the lawns, meadows, and native grasses on the grounds of the Eagan Art House as part of the Eagan Art Block 2023 celebration of art and community. We welcome artwork that engages elements of nature, weather, or time.
- On ephemerality: Can you consider impermanence in your choice of materials? How do you represent fragility or decay? What does it mean to create art that is temporary, how does that change your practice?
- On permanence: In these unpredictable times, how do the ideas of steadiness and strength inform your work? How can art be a stabilizing presence? Are your art-making materials durable, does that change how you regard your work? Consider constancy (of love, of nature) as a theme.
Site-specific works are encouraged and can be accommodated in consultation with Art House staff. Works will be exhibited outside and will be on view as an online exhibition, featured on our website. We welcome traditional and non-traditional media; both established and emerging artists are invited to submit their work. Content must adhere to Eagan Art House requirements.
Entry Deadline: August 24, 2023
Artwork Dropoff: September 7th, 2023, schedule to be emailed
Exhibition Opening: September 9th, 2023
Exhibit Takedown: October 26th, 2023
Cost: $10 per artist, financial aid available upon request
Location: outside, on the grounds of the Eagan Art House
To Participate in this Exhibit:
- Go to https://bit.ly/3j8o7ir (or discovereagan.com>Eagan Art House> Exhibits> Momentary Certainties 2023 activity #14038002), add to cart and answer questions. You may also call the Eagan Parks & Recreation office at 651-675-5500 to register.
- To complete entry, email a high-resolution digital image of each artwork to
- Bring your wired (if applicable) and labeled artwork to the exhibition location on Artwork Drop off day.
Please contact us with questions about how to include your artwork! We are looking for wide range of media, and all media are eligible for consideration. Questions about how it can be displayed? Contact us! We are here to help. Call 651-675-5524 or email