While many things have slowed or paused during the pandemic, building in Eagan has not.
Home improvement, new residential, and new or expanding businesses, have Eagan experiencing another strong development year. In fact, 2020 will finish out as the fourth-highest valuation year yet, at $164 million as of October totals.
In 2020, individual homeowners are investing too. While vacations and entertainment are curtailed, for many in Eagan, that money is being channeled into home improvements.
Permits for residential roofs, siding, windows, and other exterior improvements are 69% higher than in 2019, as of October figures. Year-to-date zoning permits for things like sport courts, fences, and sheds are already 21% higher than all of 2019.
There are 19 projects either completed, under construction, approved for construction, or pending approval in 2020.
Dodd Business Center
• industrial - 150,000 sq.ft.
• industrial - 200,000 sq.ft.
Glen Pond Apartments
• expansion of existing development - 114 units
• senior housing - 173 units
Omni Viking Lakes Hotel
• 320 rooms
Fairfield Inn & Suites
• Cedar Grove - 120 rooms
The Rowan (formerly The Preserve)
• Cedar Grove - 172 units*
• 50 units†
Viking Lakes Phase I
• residential - 250 units*
• expansion of existing development - 110 units
Yankee Doodle Self Storage
APPROVED, CONSTRUCTION PENDING
Aster House Apartments (formerly Nicols Apartments)
• 204 units
• Cedar Grove - 24 units †‡
Gallery of Eagan
• residential - 162 units*
• redevelopment (convenience store, car wash, liquor store)
1270 Yankee Doodle Road
• (Associated Bank redevelopment and to-be-named grocer new to Minnesota)
2055 Cliff Road
• infill on Emagine Theater site including to-be-named boutique grocer
* Market rate housing
† Affordable housing
‡ Veteran preference housing